The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) - effective April 21, 2000 - applies to the online collection of personal information from children under 13.
The Soldiers of Christ website at teamsoc.net provides information on the Halo® clan, Soldiers of Christ, as well as information on a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ. The primary purpose of the site is informational. We do not sell services or products through the site.
In order to comply with this important safeguard for minors, teamsoc.net has established the following policies:
- Every person who applies to become a member of Soldiers of Christ is required to fill out a recruitment form. This recruitment form requires the following information: age, first name, state of residence, country of residence, religious affiliation (optional), Halo game alias, email address.
- Persons who indicate an age of 12 or under must have a parent or guardian's consent before they are allowed to submit a recruitment form to Soldiers of Christ. This consent is gathered via email sent from the parent/guardian email address to email@example.com.
- If any person under the age of 12 submits a recruitment form without a parent/guardian first sending a consent email, the recruitment form for that person is immediately deleted.
- The information gathered from the recruitment form is used to communicate regarding clan membership or status, changes in forum passwords, technical support, etc. It is not used to sell services or products.
- We do not, under any circumstances, provide minor information to any third party.
- We do not, under any circumstances, provide information about any of our members or site visitors to any third party.
- We do, however, reserve the right to provide any user information to local or national law enforcement.
- We do not conduct promotions, special offers, or other consumer transactions on our website.
- Consent statements gathered from parents will be kept on file.
Halo is a registered trademark of the Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries. All rights reserved.